Friday, January 22, 2010

My Ways are Higher than your ways.

Where to begin? The last twenty-four hours have been a complete whirlwind. All I know is that His ways are higher than my ways. I love how God is beautifully orchestrating this entire process, so as to bring the Haitians the most effective care when and where they need it most. He is so good.

An amazing trip opportunity sprouted up within the last twenty-four hours, that we simply could not ignore. The logistics, safety, and personnel involved proved too perfect to pass up. So, after some [fast paced] scrambling and praying, God has provided me with the opportunity to leave for Haiti this Saturday (that's right, tomorrow) and return the following Thursday/Friday. Our team (comprised of doctors & nurses from ASCC, Hill Country Bible Church, and Watermark Church in Dallas), will fly out on a private plane straight to Haiti Saturday at noon. We will be working at Mission of Hope Haiti, where they have set up medical clinics within their private facility. We will have clean drinking water and food provided. Within this facility, physicians on the ground have already set up their own OR complete with electricity and supplies. Our team will be bringing an extensive list of supplies the team on the ground has already requested, and I'm sure we'll be put to work quickly.

As far as support goes, we will raise it once we return (since it is such short notice). If you want to begin contributing financially, visit Hill Country Bible's donation link. Also on that link, they have beautiful prayer requests that I encourage you to pray over the next few days.

I know I am not prepared for the brokenness my eyes will see, but I pray His love and light will flow through me. He makes all things new.

Specific things to pray for:
-The Lord would use use effectively and efficiently to deliver the utmost patient care
-Anointed hands for His healing
-Wisdom/discernment in medication administration and patient care
-Heed the Spirit, whatever shape that takes
-Safety for our team
-Jesus would be magnified

Thank you for embarking on this journey with me :) I will do my best to keep you updated with stories on my blog once I return!

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
- Isaiah 55:9

Currently Playing: "Wake up the World" - JJ Heller

1 comment:

  1. I love you sweet friend....70 of my Institute classmates just lifted you and your team up in prayer this morning. God is moving, thanks for being the hands and feet of Jesus in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete