Saturday, January 16, 2010

His Lovingkindness will not be Removed from You.

It's all happening. My prayers are being answered, confirmed, and reconfirmed. It's almost scary.
After the devastating earthquake in Haiti on January 12, 2010, I couldn't escape the thought of going. The following day at work, it consumed my every thought. After a few phone calls to friends I figured shared the same desire, we began piecing together realistic options for making our way to Haiti. We prayed the Lord would swiftly open or swiftly close doors, pertaining to Haiti. We confessed it is a privilege at all, that we are used by Him, as a part of His redemptive Love story. He does not need us. We simply prayed that if the Lord wanted us to go to Haiti, that He would make a clear way.

He has answered.

Our team will be going through the ministry: Mercy Works. We have spoken with Ryan King, the ASCC missions coordinator, and they will be making an announcement at the Austin Stone Community Church tomorrow (Jan 17, 2010). If you are a healthcare professional and you feel called to serve the people of Haiti, feel free to contact myself, or visit their website for details.
We are awaiting specific departure dates (hopefully we will go within the next 3 weeks). It is a beautiful and humbling thing to watch potential road block after road block disappear before my eyes (scheduling with work, application forms). He is good.
My heart is overwhelmed because I know in my bones, this is what I was created to do: to serve the spiritually and physically broken through my medical giftings. I have never been more certain of anything in my life, and I am so thankful He has made this so abundantly clear to me.
Jesus is beautiful. That's all I know to say :) I am overwhelmed with His everlasting love for you, for me, and all of His children.
The trip cost will total $1600. We will be in Haiti for one week. The trip expenses include: airfare, housing, food. Once I have received the final dates with Mercy Works, I will begin the process of raising support.
I know I am not prepared to see with my own eyes, the devastation of which I've only caught glimpses of through American media. I am prepared to love with His love, and I'm quite certain the Haitians will teach me more of His love than I could offer. I am so thankful to be a part of His redemptive Love story.
More details to come! Thank you for taking the time to hear my heart.
Dream big in how He is calling you to serve the people of Haiti (prayer, financially, fundraisers, service, concerts, tshirts). Heed his voice. His understanding truly has no limit.
Also, for amazing updates pertaining to the people of Haiti, visit: Discover the Journey. They are on the ground in Haiti, and covering the plight of the earthquake victims. You can also follow them on twitter: @followDTJ, @jonathanolinger.

My prayer for the people of Haiti:

"For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake,
But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you,
And My covenant of peace will not be shaken,"
Says the LORD who has compassion on you. -Isaiah 54:10



Currently Playing: "Fight Day" - Thomas Newman

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy you have been given the opportunity to serve. I have been overwhelmed by the response to this tragedy. I am very thankful. During your time there, I hope your strength lasts long and your vision stays broad.

    AW

    ReplyDelete