Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We all have a part to play in Haiti's Restoration. What is Yours?

Haiti is an amazing country with amazing people, and they have changed my heart. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Our team leader, Dr. Joel Hurt, summed up my (and my teammates') heart in reflecting this trip that was beautifully orchestrated by Jesus:

"What you should all know is this. First of all, that this was not the doctors’ or nurses’ mission. It was OUR mission (meaning everyone who contributed both there and stateside). Countless hours of effort by some many people working in parallel were critical to allow the medical team to actually do anything. You all were an essential part of this. Second, we thank God for His obvious and plentiful provision for there were so many things we cannot explain in simply human terms. I am changed by this trip, as are all of us who went. In the end, it was us that received blessing. Thanks to you all and glory to Jesus…He is good." - Joel Hurt

If you have any questions about our trip or details, feel free to email me! sarenagreen@gmail.com.

One thing has been made abundantly clear to me, and that is Jesus keeps reminding me to tell Haiti's story. I have been overwhelmed by your responses, emails, financial donations to Hill Country & Mission of Hope, and hearts to hear these stories. From people I do know to people I don't know, I am humbled...and I all I can say is that Jesus is clearly moving His people. What beautiful proof that we are all working together, for the beautiful redemption of this country, through His love and strength. So, as long as there is an ear to listen, I will continue to tell their story, praying it inspires people to get involved. After all we are responsible for what we see, and we are called to love our neighbors as ourselves.

I have a beautiful hunch this journey is just beginning, and I am thankful to be experiencing it with you. :) We all have a part to play in this redemptive Love story, for the beautiful people of Haiti. He makes all things new.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.' Luke 17:10

And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new " And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." Revelation 21:5

Currently Playing: "Joy to the World" -Sojourn

No comments:

Post a Comment